Ok so it is official, I have started a blog. Where will it go, what will it do, will it do anything? Is it supposed to be Volume 1 No.1 or should it be volume followed by series, or episode, or chapter or Greek tragedy? HMMMM, ok maybe not Greek but tragic, well lets hope not.
You might be able to tell from the title of the blog that I am a crafter, creator, artist type and I have a serious addiction to food but specifically carbs. Which is probably why I took to cake decorating with such vigor and why my "back porch" is as wide as the barn. : )
A few things you might want to know before progressing further:
* My mind tends to jump off the track like a train running a-muck. I plow through thoughts and ideas until I eventually find a resting place. Mild ADD or ADHD? Probably but alas it is all I know.
* I am a daughter, sister, granddaughter, great granddaughter, niece, cousin, aunt, wife, friend, mother of four and all around lunatic.
* Sometimes I am inappropriate and shocking. Yep, you guessed it, I have been known to wear a skirt without a slip under it! I know, I know. I bring my family such shame.
* I speak English and Sarcasm. I am fluent in sarcasm, my English is iffy. See is iffy even a word? Spell check didn't catch it. I pray that none of my past English teachers read this blog.
* Love a good movie or old TV show. I dream of Jeannie, Green Acres, Andy Griffith, Uncle Buck, Airplane, Maverick, Anything by Mel Brooks. Hocus Pocus the list seriously goes one and on and on and on and on........
* My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love the fun of it. Not the gore. You can be anyone you want to be that day. It is all about fun.
* I love me some goodies. Goodies aka treats aka CARBS!
So without any further ado, I will start this blog off with a bang!
Here we gooooooo, buckle your seat belts chickies it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
As I stood in line at the grocery store, I felt a presence. I swear I heard my name being called. As soon as I turned to see who it was my eyes locked, my heartbeat began to race, I swear I couldn't even breathe.
My mind raced between the excitement and the fact that it felt like everyone in the store was seeing this happen. Again I ever so softly heard my voice being called. I willed myself not to move forward.
My mind was strong it was my body that could not resist. I saw a hand reaching. My eyes break away only to flick to the hand. I recognized it instantly. It was my hand.
My arm was reaching out, hand palm down, fingers extended. Moving farther and farther toward the forbidden.
I suddenly saw my wedding ring. I knew the consequences that were possible. My mind thought of my children, my loving husband, the experiences we had had together and yet my hand still moved closer.
What would the people I know think? What would my children and husband think? What was I thinking? I grasped a hold. I moved as quickly as one can through the checkout process with a chatty checker and then raced home through the streets of my husbands hometown. It felt as every eye I passed had known my intent.
Together we went out to the back porch as no one was home and bringing it into the house was just more than I could fathom.
I enjoyed the moment and I also felt the guilt. The pleasure and the pain. The sweetness, the thrill and the danger had lured me in. As the moment ended I was ashamed and scared. But, I swear to you this, it has been years since the last time it happened.
That Reeses Peanut Butter Big Cup is all to blame! That delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter was made even more sinful by the fact it was a big cup! It was more than my weakened soul could take.
You see I have a family full of peanut/nut allergy sufferers. My hubby and children all can't enjoy the peanut buttery goodness that lies within. I don't dare eat anything with nuts in it for fear I will harm them and I never bring food containing nuts into the house. I am on bended knee. My sins lay bare for all to see.
Do you think I should buy a Silhouette (newest 12" x 12" version) or a Cricut? Sorry my mind wandered from carbs to crafts. You see what I mean? My train jumped the track again.
Yes that whole story was about me enjoying the heckle and jeckle out of a Reeses Peanut Butter cup. Why? Where you thinking something......else? ; )
See ya next time. Same bat time, same bat channel or something batty like that.